Last updated: december 12, 2019
1. Data Controller
The Data Controller, ensures compliance with the rules on the protection of personal data and, therefore, provides the following information on the processing of data which is received or collected while browsing on this Website.
2. Contact information for the Data Controller
Contact me at any time to:
- Request access to information JohanClaeys.com has about you
- Correct any information JohanClaeys.com has about you
- Delete Information that JohanClaeys.com has about you
If you have any additional questions about JohanClaeys.com collection and storage of data please contact me at : Johanclaeys.com, Driesweg 9, B1742 TERNAT (Belgium) +32 499 55 50 52 or johan[at]johanclaeys.com
Data Controller and Data Protection Officer are the same contact
3. When you visit Johanclaeys.com website
JohanClaeys.com uses Google Analytics and Cookies in order to improve service, user experience and analyse how the website is used. Aside from the approximate location (ip address), the information collected by Google Analytics is mostly anonymous traffic data. Including browser information, device information, language. We do not collect additional information such as your age, gender interests, bank details.
The collected information is used to provide an overview of how people are accessing and using the JohanClaeys.com website. The data also has additional purpose such as to profile those who access the website. However the data is not collected for credit scoring, loan screening or making employment decisions.
4. Policy on 'cookies'
Cookies help us to be more efficient. I can learn about what content is important to you and what is not. I can revise or remove web pages that are not of interest and focus energies on content you want.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. If you want to control which cookies you accept, you can configure your browser to accept all cookies or to alert you every time a cookie is offered by a website's server. You can set your browser option so that you will not receive cookies and you can also delete existing cookies from your browser. Please be aware that if you do not configure your browser you will accept cookies provided by this website.
- Session cookies
Many of the cookies used are session cookies. Session cookies last only for the duration of your visit and are deleted when you close your browser. These facilitate various tasks such as allowing a website to identify that a user of a particular device is navigating from page to page, supporting website security or basic functionality.
- Persistent cookies
I also use persistent cookies. They last beyond your session and after you’ve closed your browser. I use them to ensure you have a better experience when you return to the site. Persistent cookies remain on your computer until you choose to remove them.
- Temporary Site Cookies
The website uses temporary site cookies. Temporary Site cookies are placed on a visitor individually for a 30-day period. As from the point they are placed site visits are registered. The purpose of site cookies is to profile those who access the website.
- YouTube Cookies
- Social Network Cookies
Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn buttons read and set their own cookies to enhance social sharing. For more information see:
5. Access to information
You have the right to request access on information I have on you. You can do this by contacting me at [email protected]. I will make sure to provide you with a copy of the data I process about you. In order to verify your identity. I will fulfil your request by sending your copy electronically, unless the request expressly specifies a different method. For any subsequent access request, I may charge you with an administrative fee.
6. Information correction and deletion
If you believe the information I have on you is incorrect, you are welcome to contact us so we can update it and keep your data accurate. Any data that is no longer needed for the purposes specified in Information Collection and Use will be deleted. If at any point you wish to delete information about you, you can simply contact me
7. Intended use of personal data
Most of my services do not require any form of registration, allowing you to visit our site without telling us who you are. However some services may require you to provide us with Personal Data. In these situations if you choose to withhold any Personal Data requested by us, it may not be possible for you to gain access to certain parts of the site and for us to respond to the query. (For eg. membership sign up)
8. Sharing Information with Affiliates and Other Third Parties
I am an affiliate marketer with links to online retailers or vendors on my website. When people read what I have written about a particular product and then click on those links and buy something from the retailer, I earn a commission from the retailer. You will find affiliate links embedded on my product reviews.
This website will also provide your Personally Identifiable Information to affiliates that provide services to me with regards to my Website (i.e. payment processors, website hosting companies, etc.); such affiliates will only receive information necessary to provide the respective services and will be bound by confidentiality agreements limiting the use of such information.
9. Internationally Privacy Laws
For personal Data we receive from the <<other saas vendors>> has certified its compliance to the EU-US Privacy Shield as set forth by the US Department of commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal data from the European Countries. We have certified that we adhere to the Privacy Shield Principles of Notice, Choice, Accountability for onward Transfers. Security, Data Integrity & Purpose limitation, Access and Resource, Enforcement and Liability when processing Personal Data from EEA in the United States. You can find more about our commitment to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework in our EU-US Privacy Shield notice
10. Collection of user data
During a user’s registration and later on Johanclaeys.com platform, users provide information such as email, address, telephone or credit-card number and other relevant data. This information is used by JohanClaeys.com to identify the user and to provide them with support, services, mailings, sales, events and marketing actions, billing and to meet contractual obligations.
11. Processing methods
The data collected shall be processed using electronic, automated, computerized, telematic or manual means, with procedures strictly related to the purposes for which the data was collected and, in any case, so as to ensure its security.
12. Persons in Charge of the Processing, Data Processors and disclosure of data
The data collected, where necessary or instrumental for the above-mentioned purposes, may be processed by third parties appointed as Data Processor, or, as appropriate, disclosed to them as independent from the Data Controller, more specifically :
- individuals, companies, associations or professional firms that provide assistance and consulting to my company;
- JohanClaeys.com website uses ActiveCampaign, an outsourced service as its email newsletter service. Since the website chooses to collect the email addresses, the Johan Claeys will do the data collection. ActiveCampaign is the data processor because it takes the data collected by the website, stores it and processes it to send newsletters on behalf of the website. ActiveCampaign stores, secures, maintains and processes the data according to instruction from the data controller, or according to its own standards.
- JohanClaeys.com website uses SendOwl, an outsourced service as its e-commerce service. Since the website chooses to collect the email addresses, the Johan Claeys will do the data collection. SendOwl is the data processor because it takes the data collected by the website, stores it and processes it to process Customer Data only as a Data Processor.
- Customer and Users: identification and contact data (name, address, email, IP information, business name, business address and vat number) and high level financial information (payment method, credit card type and last 4 digits)
- Buyers: identification and contact data (name, email address, giftee name, giftee email, paypal email, IP information, billing address, shipping address, business name, vat number) and high level financial information (payment method, credit card type and last 4 digits)
- JohanClaeys.com website uses SendOwl, an outsourced service as its affiliate service. Johan Claeys will do the data collection. SendOwl is the data processor for affiliate members. because it takes the data collected by the website, stores it and processes it to process Customer Data only as a Data Processor. Please checkout the Johan Claeys Affiliate Policy here
- JohanClaeys.com website uses WordPress for membership training access. The membership site is open to the Public who wants to learn about email marketing, email automation, business automation and related technologies. In order to join membership you are required to register and choose a username and password. The only personal information we ask for upon registration is your email address. Johan Claeys will do the data collection. WordPress is the data processor. An email is sent to this address after you have initiated the registration process. However your registration is only complete once you have verified your account by accessing one of the walkthroughs, reviews or courses available on the membership section (training) of the website. Subscribing membership training means that the user gives consent to receive newsletter and related communications.
- Other companies, organizations and associations that provide services relating to and necessary for the execution of the above-mentioned purposes (market research and analysis services, payment processing via credit card, maintenance of IT systems).
- Johanclaeys.com uses the following sub-processors
Moreover, the data collected may be transferred abroad to companies that are, and that are not, part of our corporate group, including outside of the European Union in the form and manner laid down in current regulations, while ensuring an adequate level of protection. In any case, personal data will never be disclosed.
13. Getting Consent
By placing text that clearly informs a user that by clicking something, such as “Sign Up” - ”Subscribe”, the user will be agreeing to linked legal agreements, you can be mostly sure that a user will notice the text and be aware that clicking the button will result in an agreement being made.
Individuals are accepting that website visit patterns will be analysed after they have performed “Sign Up” - ”Subscribe”. They accept that their data is being processed and used for marketing purposes. They do have the right at any marketing communication to object profiling by unsubscribing our services. Lawfully collected data from customers will be analysed to derive shopping habits and create sales personas in order to improve personalisation of customer experiences.
14. Why email verification during signups
Email verification is mandatory to -
- ensure that you are a genuine user
- so that I can send you a link to reset your password if you have forgotten it
- to help troubleshoot any problems you are having with registration
I reserve the right to change or update this document at any time with immediate effect.
Terms and Conditions
Last updated: 8th August 2019
Please read these Terms and Conditions ("Terms", "Terms and Conditions") carefully before using the http://www.johanclaeys.com website.
Your access to and use of the Service is conditional on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.
In your digital interactions with other users (including, but not limited to: site messages, instant messages, journal postings, and comments in the membership section ), you agree to conduct yourself civilly and respectfully. While using the website, you agree that you shall not under any circumstances harass or make mischief against any other user of the website. JohanClaeys.com reserves the right to determine, at its sole discretion, what constitutes harassment or mischief, and where that has occurred; and may, also at its sole discretion, partially or completely deny service to any infringing party. As part of these efforts, JohanClaeys.com may enlist the help of its active users to moderate flagged messages, comments and other content to determine if a user’s conduct is harmful.
As between you and JohanClaeys.com, you acknowledge that JohanClaeys.com retains all rights, title and interest in and to all copyrights, logos, trademarks and any other proprietary rights in the Services and all content therein.
Links To Other Websites
Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by JohanClaeys.com.
JohanClaeys.com has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that JohanClaeys.com shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such websites or services.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms & Privacy at any time
Preserve right to terminate...
You may terminate your membership account any associated email address and access to the JohanClaeys.com membership services by submitting such termination request to Johan Claeys.
You agree that JohanClaeys.com may, without prior notice, immediately terminate, limit your access to or suspend your JohanClaeys membership account, any associated email address, and access to the JohanClaeys Services. Cause for such termination, limitation of access or suspension shall include, but not be limited to (a) breaches or violations of the incorporated agreements or guidelines. (b) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies. ‘(c) discontinuance or material modification to the JohanClaeys Services (or any part thereof), (d) unexpected technical or security issues or problem (e) extended periods of inactivity. (f) engagement by tiy in fraudulent or illegal activities, and/or (g) nonpayment of any fees owed by you in connection with the JohanClaeys services. Further you agree that all terminations, limitations of access and suspensions for cause shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your account, any associated email address or access to the JohanClaeys.Com website.
Termination of your account includes any or all of the following (a) removal of access to all or part of the offerings within the website, (b) deletion of your password and all related information, files and content associated with or inside your account (or any part thereof), and ‘(c) barring further use of all or part of the Service.
The information contained on the JohanClaeys website (the "Service") is for general information purposes only. JohanClaeys assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in the contents on the Service.
In no event shall JohanClaeys.com be liable for any special, direct, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages or any damages whatsoever, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tort, arising out of or in connection with the use of the Service or the contents of the Service. JohanClaeys reserves the right to make additions, deletions, or modification to the contents on the Service at any time without prior notice. JohanClaeys does not warrant that the website is free of viruses or other harmful components.
Notice of governing law
By using the JohanClaeys.com website you agree that the laws of Belgium govern any dispute that might arise between us.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact me.